Before you leave to go to the farm:
· Pick before noon.
· Pick Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday….historically these are our slowest days.
· Bring your own containers! Recycled salad green plastic containers are best. We have paper boxes, but will charge for them.
· If you use your own containers, remember that heaping strawberries more than 5 inches deep will bruise the lower berries. Plastic dishpans, metal oven pans with 3 inch tall sides and large pots make good containers.
· We prefer cash. Credit and Debit cards are prohibitively expensive for our short season; we do not have the capability to accept either.
· Bring something to drink and a few snacks; you'd be surprised how you can work up a thirst and appetite! We do have water in our taps if you forget!
· And don't forget hats and sunscreen for the sun. We had customers passing out in the field in 2006 and 2 of our workers had sunstroke. It can be VERY hot!
I edited information found at http://pickyourown.org – thank you!
BACK TO MAIN PAGE