Strawberry Facts and Tips
· Strawberries measurements: 1 quart = 2 pints = 4 cups = 1 liter and weighs 1.25 lbs (or 600- 625 g). 1 quart is normally enough for 4 servings.
· An ice cream bucket is about 5lbs or 4 quarts.
· Unripe berries only ripen a small amount at room temperature once picked.
· Do the math and be careful not to over-purchase as strawberries quickly mold when left at room temperature, and only last a couple of days in the refrigerator.
· You can easily freeze berries that you can not use right away - just wash, cut the hulls off and pop them into a ziplock bag, removing as much air as possible. The berries will keep for many months frozen without air. Alternatively, lay them out on cookie sheets, freeze them and then transfer them to Ziploc bags. This way the berries are not stuck to each other.
I edited information found at http://pickyourown.org – thank you!
BACK TO MAIN PAGE